Reading List

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I just started reading The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes. From the synopsis, it's about this girl who's on the hunt for the serial killer who tried to kill her. That's all I have to offer for now since I just started this book. The synopsis was enough to reel me in though. I've had this book on my nook since last year and I just started reading it. I still have the first generation of the nook that came out in 2010. Don't laugh. It's a legit dinosaur, I feel like it should be in a museum or something. This thing has lasted me til this day so I've had no reason to replace it. My only gripe is the weight of it. I can't even put a case on it because it'll just add even more weight to it. It's so funny how I used to baby my nook when I first got it and now I just throw it around carelessly and its still kicking. I would love to have one of the newer and lighter ones... However, I should really just be content with what I have and be thankful that I don't have to spend $100 on a new e-reader. Ahh, there's the silver lining. 

My usual literary genre of choice tend to be crime novels, mysteries, thrillers and occasionally chick lit. I used to love reading when I was in school. Ever since I graduated, I don't read as much anymore and it really bothers me. The summer before my senior year at FIT, we were assigned a mini project for the summer (prep work for the senior project) and I remember doing everything but that. Anything school related was the furthest thing from my mind. That summer I read close to 30 books from the end of May until the beginning of September. Once you've graduated from college and you're thrown into the real world; it's up to you to keep your brain sharp and functioning. You no longer have professors telling you what you should be reading, it's up to us to educate ourselves. 

Next on my reading list:
The Girl on the Train -Paula Hawkins
Crazy Rich Asians -Kevin Kwan
#GirlBoss -Sophia Amoruso
Dark Places -Gillian Flynn
Have you read anything good lately? Leave me some recommendations!

xo, m.

BLOGLOVIN . INSTAGRAM . TWITTER . YOUTUBE . LOOKBOOK

29 comments:

  1. Lovely post! :)

    dianadblogging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great selection honey, very nice post

    big kissssss
    Nunù

    Check it out my new post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/must-have-di-primavera-abito-nero-in-pizzo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Glad you liked it! x

      Delete
  3. thanks for the recommendations! one of my favourite authors is murakami. you should definitely read Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage :) xx

    Palma1990

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Omg I completely forgot about Murakami! I've had Norwegian Wood on my list forever! Thanks for the recommendations love! x

      Delete
  4. I highly recommend Girlboss! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm like the last person on the face of the Earth that hasn't read that book lol

      Delete
  5. I so want to read girlboss! I hear such great things! You'll have to let us know what you think when you get to it!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to set aside time to read Girl Boss! I think it will be a good inspirational book for women who want to be successful in anything they pursue! Great blog, girl!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Can't wait to read it! I've heard so many great things about it. Thanks so much Lauren! x

      Delete
  7. This couldn't have come at a better time -- I'm about to get on a plane and hadn't planned my reading! You are a life saver.

    xoxo Alison
    http://www.stylingmylife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Alison, have a safe flight! x

      Delete
  8. Ahh I really like the sound of The Girl On The Train!! & Crazy Rich Asians sounds good haha xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great reading list! girlboss has been on my list for awhile!!

    lacee swan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I keep hearing nothing but great things about Girlboss! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I heart the Crazy Rich Asian is a good one! I hope you enjoy it. With love,
    Vera

    The Flash Window | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely loved Girlboss, I'll have to check out the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! Can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  12. Ooh will add some of these to my reading list. I still have my first generation Kindle as well and don't see any reason why to upgrade it.
    xx Daniela / Fashion Shower Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great recommendations dear! xx

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to get some good books, too! Your list sounds good... I was big into thrillers/mysteries at one point. Currently, my reading genre guilty pleasure is Romance. Not the 50 Shades kind, but the classic tales that are set in historical times and they're sweet rather than naughty. Although I did read 50 Shades and the naughty was good :D


    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Preppy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I read it years ago and I remember it being extremely detailed and descriptive! The closest I ever got to the romance genre were those Nicholas Sparks novels. I still prefer crime and thrillers more. :)

      Delete
  15. Thanks for the ideas, great blog!
    xx Camille

    http://www.fashiontartare.ca/

    ReplyDelete