Orange You Ready For Spring?

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sorry for the lame punny title guys! I really couldn't help myself, I mean just look at this ensemble. Totally not going to lie and say it was accidental. When I was indoors all of these colors looked like different shades of orange/ peach to me until I caught myself in the reflection of a window in daylight. Initial reaction, whoaaa! As you can see I really want Spring to come. Regardless, I still had to go about my day. Besides, a little pop of color never hurts. 

How freakin adorable is this?! I felt like such a creeper taking photos of other peoples homes but I couldn't resist! I like to think of it as research since I WILL be living here one day, so it's not that creepy right?! :) 


How perfect and quaint is Brooklyn Heights? I wanted to show you guys one of my favorite neighborhoods in Brooklyn. They have the most gorgeous charming brownstones on every block. It looks extremely residential but there are tons of little shops over on Montague Street to satisfy your shopping needs. I've been obsessed with this neighborhood for as long as I can remember. It can get a little touristy being that the Brooklyn Bridge is right there but it's not too bad. They mainly stick to the area where the bridge is and don't venture out too far. The people who work and live in Brooklyn Heights are some of the nicest people you will ever come across in New York. My friend and I decided to grab some coffee and we were so surprised at how polite and pleasant they were at Starbucks. Anyone who frequents Starbucks in the city, you know know how those baristas can be sometimes. People also just randomly say 'have a nice day' to you as you're walking by. The air is definitely different across the water. I don't know what it is but whatever they've got, I want it!

To see this post in motion, press play!
*watch in HD*

More Brooklyn adventures to come since it's warming up!

xo, m. 

Goorin Bros. fedora (similar here) | Zara scarf (in a different color) | Burberry leather jacket (similar here) | AllSaints top | Club Monaco cardigan | Alexander Wang Lia bag | H&M jeans | UO flats | MAC Dangerous lipstick (similar here + here cheaper)

photos of me by S. Talip, photography by me

74 comments:

  1. Love this post "orange you ready for spring" cuz I'm beyond ready for spring and thought it was a cute play on words :) so over my puffer!
    There is so many posts I love but one of my top ten - love the incorporation of the video shot beautifully - colors so vivid and love pops of color especially that burnt orange even on buildings!


    Keep up the good work so proud of you 😘🍂🍁🍃💐🌸🌻🌺🌷🌹🍀🌼🏦🔔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!! That means so much! Your comment totally made my day!!! <3 LOL I'm glad you don't think thats extremely cheesy, well it is but it works haha! Yaasss, time to shed those layers for our cute Spring jackets!

      LOVE YOU! <3

      Delete
  2. Love your style! Beautiful pictures!

    https://www.bonaupetite.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Marina!! :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely outfit :)

    http://memoriesofthepacific.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos,

    Lots of love.
    www.NataliaBosch.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute look I love the orange scarf and shoes!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO excited and ready for spring! This is a lovely look...that lip color looks awesome on you.
    Great photos and video, too!


    Amber
    All the Cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, you look beautiful! And I love your hat, such a pretty color! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. your posts are so inspiring to read dear!! thank you for writing and giving extra effort for your readers and followers ♥

    http://contemporaryboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! x

      Delete
  9. Love the outfit! That top is so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much girl!! xo
      <3

      Delete
  10. omg!!! i absolutely love that neighbourhood!! i'd totally want to live in that area too!! :D
    love the pop of color from your scarf!!! edgy fierce jacket too! :D

    Have a great week!! :D
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm obsessed with it! It's so darling! Thank you girl!! Have a good one! x

      Delete
  11. Beautiful! Love the look!
    xo

    http://martaskripnik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty street! Great look! I love the hat :)

    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the orange you incorporated in this look! So cute.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look great!! I love the pops of orange! and the city shots, you have me craving a little new York minute. fab girl!

    xoxo,
    Tara Belle
    Northern Lights – Southern Belles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely in love with the hat! I have been wanting a great hat for a while now..

    NelliesCloset

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikoline! Goorin Bros. make great hats! You should def check them out!

      Delete
  16. Those pictures are beautiful and you look absolutely stunning! The hat is to die for! xx

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your scarf is super chic!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aah, beautiful photos! Great outfit! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous images and I love your look, especially your accessories. Would love to see brooklyn on my next trip! x
    http://sweatshirtsanddresses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing photos. Gorgeous scenery. Beautiful girl. xo

    Maria // www.phentastic.com | A Fashion & Lifestyle Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely ready for spring! I love this area of Brooklyn Heights. Especially in the summer I sneak wine into that Brooklyn Heights Cinema and then stroll along the promenade. Oh even more excited for warm weather now... xx

    afashionneverland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sounds like something I would do! x

      Delete
  23. GORGEOUS pictures! So pretty...and I love your oxfords! They are just adorable, and you're rocking that lipstick too!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just adore NYC! What part of the city are in you!? Grew up going into the city all the time and still do!

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those shoes really do put me in a Spring mood! I miss NYC! I hope to go back someday soon!

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for it to start feeling like Spring! It's been so cold!

      Delete
  26. What a beautiful outfit dear. I love your jacket and the photos are amazing.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes, so ready. Great outfit!

    xo,

    Emma
    http://www.sassystreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Now if it could only start feeling like Spring..
      x

      Delete
  28. I love the mix n match and layering of outfit
    so cool
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful!!! I love your look, especially your gorgeous red lip color! xx

    TOPCOAT - FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dude you took some awesome shots of the scenery! Can't help but notice how different NY streets are from LA streets. You're outfit is on point! My fave was the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love!! Can't wait to see LA!! <3

      Delete
  31. I didn't know too much about Brooklyn Heights, but it really seems worth a visit! Love the brownstone annnddd love that pop of color & the bold lip! <3

    Characters & Carry-ons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl!! :) You should def visit! There's not much to do there but it's super close to Dumbo and there are tons to do over there! <3

      Delete