Moments Like These

Monday, March 2, 2015

"Mean Girls"

"Which Way Is Up"

"In The Club Like"

"End Of The Night"

"Transformation"

"Excuse Me"

"Where Have You Been"

Can you think of anything better than a bunch of Disney characters gallivanting around New York City? Didn't think so! Imagine how much more pleasant New York would be if we had Disney princesses prancing about instead of the rude self important jerks we encounter daily. Arguably speaking, if that were the case it wouldn't be New York. The photos above are so unbelievably candid and real. Haven't we all experienced a similar situation at one point? I know I have... sharing the sidewalk with a bunch of upper west side snobs, getting lost in the train station, being pissed at your friends or boyfriend for being late while you're alone at a club/ restaurant waiting for them to arrive (Jasmine, I feel ya girl!) or waiting for the train late at night by yourself wishing you left wherever you were an hour or two earlier. Been there, done that! These photos really resonate with me because these moments are all too real!

'Moments Like These' is a photo series created by New York based photographer, Harry McNally. Per Refinery 29, he originally took these photos with no intention of adding the characters. The idea came to him one day after flipping through his photo archive. He saw that there was already a situation present in the photos and by adding another element such as the Disney characters, it created more of a moment. Hence Moments Like These. It's such a brilliant concept! It's crazy that a minor change can completely bring the photo to life. I absolutely love his artistic direction. If you're as obsessed as I am, you can purchase a print and view the rest of the series here. Furthermore, if you enjoy his work you should definitely follow his instagram. It showcases way more from this series that I wish were part of his print shop.

Which one speaks to you?

xo, m. 

source: Harry McNally

32 comments:

  1. I absolutely love great inspiration and adorable and relatable! Thanks for sharing!!!! <3 keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thx Jo! So happy you liked it! <3 x

      Delete
  2. I love this post! These Disney beauties look so lost in the big apple.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Haha don't they? Although, the one in "End of the night" looks like she fits right in! x

      Delete
  3. These are such cool photos!! My sister, and my best friend Brittany loooove these types of "Disney spinoffs." Such creative art.

    I love the Alice in Wonderland one! And seeing the Cinderella characters has me way excited for the new movie's upcoming release!

    ♥♥♥ xo,
    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post (love this!!): Model Home - Decor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! Alice is my second fave! Omg I can't wait for the movie! It looks so good! x

      Delete
  4. These are perfect! 'End of the Night' stands out to me the most, but 'Excuse Me' is a pretty close second.

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. End of the night is a great one because she looks like she fit right in with the scene! x

      Delete
  5. I love it! I am such a big disney fan!
    xx
    Coco
    http://mllecoconath.com

    Latest Post :
    http://www.mllecoconath.com/inspiration-1/2015/3/3/editorial-obsession-march-2015-1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool idea and concept, fun and original. I love the Cinderella one, I just find it quite beautiful! Thanks a lot for sharing these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I love his work, it's way too amazing not to share. The Cinderella one is beautiful! x

      Delete
  7. Your so creative.
    XO

    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were actually created by a photographer, Harry McNally as I stated in my post. :)

      Delete
  8. This is so neat! Love it!

    http://www.stateofgreyce.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool pictures, amazing how you can bring two worlds together! Mean Girls and Ariel are my favourites.
    -P.
    My blog: BOWTIE DIARY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mean girls is my favorite as well! I'd love to have that on my wall. :)

      Delete
  10. hahaha! loved that little mermaid one!! :D this is adorable!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those edirs are amazing! I have never heard of this project, but I am so glad that I do now :) Such a great post.
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omgosh, these are all so wonderful! :)

    Erica
    www.eggcanvas.me

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really cool!
    I love disney
    Thanks for sharing it

    X
    Losingstruggle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nope, nothing can be better, lol. Quite creative, by the way, I like it! Kudos to McNally and thanks to you for sharing!!!

    Victoria, gone with 'The Wind of Inspiration'

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is genius!!

    www.lifestylefunxion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete