Bright Eyes & Lips

Saturday, March 14, 2015


With Spring quickly approaching I couldn't help but bust out the bright lipsticks that have been hiding in drawer all winter long. Thank God I did decided to do a little digging today or else I wouldn't have rediscovered this gorgeous watermelon shade in my stash! I'm wearing MAC's sheen supreme lipstick in Pleasurefruit. Unfortunately it's limited edition but according to Temptalia, MAC Impassioned is extremely similar. I've had this lipstick for God knows how long and this is probably my third time wearing it. What is wrong with me? Ladies you know how it is with makeup, there's always something new that we MUST have. When you get it you become obsessed with the new thing and forget about the stuff you have, it's a vicious cycle. Instagram is the devil because it feeds my addiction.

I always start off with a moisturizer and primer first before applying foundation then I apply my concealers. I use one pump of foundation to even out my complexion, then I'll apply concealer to the areas that need a little extra coverage. A rule of thumb with foundation, less is more. It's always better to use less foundation and a good concealer so you don't end up with cake face. Some like to use it underneath but I prefer it over so I don't end up buffing it away. If you're not used to wearing makeup you'll probably think that's a ton of concealer but each one I use serves a different purpose. The NARS radiant creamy concealer is fantastic over hyper pigmentation and blemishes. MAC Prolongwear is the only concealer I will ever use to cover my dark circles (until something better comes along.) It's the only concealer I've ever tried that creases the least underneath my eyes and conceals the darkness. Since the shade I purchased is slightly too warm I add a bit of the Maybelline brightener in a triangle shape underneath my eyes to help brighten up that area. 

For brows I usually use the Anastasia brow wiz in taupe but since I bought the dip brow pomade months ago I'm determined to perfect my brow routine with it. Mainly because I go through the brow wiz every 2 months and the dip brow will last me forever. I'm not entirely there yet but I'm working on it. The dip brow pomade isn't for everyone and definitely requires a bit of practice. There have been times where I got so frustrated with it I just end up reaching for my brow wiz because it's so much quicker but I'm determined to make the dip brow work for me. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress. 

  
Contour: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Milk Chocolate | Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay in Empowered | Highlight: MAC Soft & Gentle 
  

Whenever I think of Spring makeup looks, I always envision a fresh face with a bright pop of color whether it be on your eyes, lips or cheeks. Just not all of the above! To make this look slightly different than my everyday makeup, I added Undercover which is a shimmery white shadow to the inner corner of my eyes to really illuminate the eyes and make them pop.

xo, m. 

16 comments:

  1. hi Mindy!
    your makeup is beautiful!
    xx, Flora
    http://lapapillonnoire.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flora! :) Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  2. You always put on your makeup so beautifully! Love the colors on you, I wish bright colors worked with me. But I'm always too scared to wear them - and when I do, I feel so uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Christina! I'm sure they look great on you!! Try the Revlon lip butters or Maybelline color whispers. Those are awesome because you can apply them sheer and build up the intensity. I really think they can help build your comfortability with bright colors over time! Let me know how you like them if you end up trying them! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love MAC's soft and gentle. It's such a great highlighter.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie! I love it too! It's one of my all time faves!

      Delete
  4. I have to get that lip color! Gorgeous.

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on the concealer!! i have 4 pots/tubes. 1 for summer, 1 for winter skin stones, 1 for under eye, and 1 specifically with an olive undertone for redness.

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I knew I wasn't alone! Thx girl, hope you have a great one as well! x

      Delete
  6. Such a great tutorial! Love this bright lip on you.

    Heidi
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely makeup.
    You are pretty on it
    I love the lipstick too
    XO

    Check my new post.
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous shade of lipstick. It looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete