Stacked

Friday, February 20, 2015


Nowadays I'm a lot more minimal with my accessories. I used to be obsessed with statement jewelry a few years ago, as a result I've developed quite a collection. They're great for jazzing up a plain jane outfit. However, I find that when you wear a statement necklace with certain things it can have an adverse effect and make your outfit look cheap. Sometimes I find myself leaving the house with just my watch! My, how times have changed! I still adore the pieces I have and I'll wear them from time to time but definitely not with everything like I used to. Maybe that's the reason why I started my blog now rather than years ago - to save myself from the embarrassment of atrocious outfits down the road! Jk. I'm definitely more confident about my outfit choices these days. Although I'm sure my future self will look back at some of these ensembles/ posts one day and cringe a little. We all do so its bound to happen at some point. 

Instead of wasting my shiny pretty things, I decided to sift through my collection to reinvent different ways to style them. I've got so much use out of my necklaces and bracelets by stacking them than by wearing them alone. They key to stacking/ layering your necklaces is to have the second necklace sitting right above the first one or overlapping on top of the first necklace. The layering necklace should also be slightly smaller. It doesn't have to be as small and thin as pictured above. Use your own judgment, just make sure your proportions are on point. You want to make them look unified so it doesn't look so obvious that you're wearing 2 necklaces. Of course you can layer as many as you please but I find that the more pieces you stack, the more it'll weigh on your neck. Obvi. I generally stick to two for this reason. There's nothing cute about having 5 lbs of metal hanging from your neck.


Here I stacked two of my favorite statement necklaces together. Notice how they're both somewhat chunky and almost the same size but it works because the length of the top necklace sits right above the one on the bottom. This is my favorite combination. It would look super glam with a LBD and a red lip.

xo, m.

Lipsticks: Limecrime Suedeberry, MAC Diva
Jewelry: H&M, Bauble Bar, Jewelmint

23 comments:

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shade it on point! Love it

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first shade of lipstick.
    Looks so fresh
    XO.
    Check my new post.
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second necklace! But the first lipstick is my fave.

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elissa! The second combo is also my fave. xx

      Delete
  5. Wonderful necklace! But your makeup is impressive! Very nicely done!

    xx
    Helô, from Vestido do dia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing necklaces! The first one is my favorite, it's so cool!
    Maybe you wanna follow each other on bloglovin? You have a lovely blog, let me know :)
    http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/
    xoxo, Mai ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I genuinely thought these were statement necklaces until I read the post. I will DEFINITELY be trying this out! Great idea and great looks!!

    Nyaomi x

    MissWright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pieces! I especially love the second necklace and your lipstick is a beautiful shade.
    Red Reticule
    Red Reticule Collection
    Red Reticule | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love the second one too! xx

      Delete
  9. I too have that first necklace and I literally wore it everyday for like 4 months lol.

    -Kárin

    NEW POST!!
    KÀRIN STYLES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have it in gold too! They were too cute and cheap to pass up! :)

      Delete
  10. I love both pieces. Great choices

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blue sweater!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete