Let's Talk Skin: Holy Grail Skincare Faves

Monday, February 16, 2015


Remember when I was complaining about my oily skin transforming into a dry flaky mess a few months ago? Now that my skin has resumed normality I think I discovered the cause -- I switched moisturizers. You know that saying that goes 'if it ain't broken don't fix it' there's a lot of truth to it - even in this situation.

I've used the Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C advanced brightening sleeping facial [what a mouthful] for about two years. I go through a bottle every 2-3 months so I wanted to find a cheaper alternative. After checking off all of my skin concerns on sephora.com, the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins moisturizer kept showing up in my search along with the Korres. It was slightly less so I was like hey, why not! Huge mistake! My skin did not like this moisturizer at all and would not adjust. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. They say your skin, hair - everything changes every seven years or so. I thought I was going through that phase along with the weather changing. I couldn't wait to finish the Origins moisturizer so I could go back to my Korres. I could've exchanged it at Sephora but I was already half way through the bottle and I refuse to be one of those bringing back a used up jar of moisturizer so I sucked it up and finished it.

Lo and behold my skin went back to normal as soon as I switched back! The flakiness is gone and my makeup applies better than ever. This Korres sleeping facial is seriously amazing! It goes on like a soufflĂ© and its not greasy at all. A little goes a very long way so don't go slathering this on your face or you'll find yourself repurchasing way sooner than you have to! Just dot a little on the five points of your face for even distribution (forehead, cheeks, nose and chin) and blend upwards. I definitely notice a difference the next morning when I use it. My skin is so much brighter and radiant. The vitamin C really helps with lightening hyper pigmentation as well. It's not going to go away overnight but it definitely speeds up the healing process. Korres, I've learned my lesson and will never stray again!


I was really skeptical about beauty oils when they were originally introduced years ago. I've tried the Josie Maran Argan oil that everyone raves about but it didn't really do much for my skin. Then I decided to try the Boscia Tsubaki oil which also didn't work. I gave up on beauty oils for a while until I started collecting tons of mini bottles of the Tarte Maracuja oil from my Sephora point perks last year. After I was done with the samples I literally ran to Sephora to purchase a bottle because I couldn't imagine being without it! I started incorporating it into my night time routine (I've been using it for a year now) and it has made such a difference in my skin. It just gives your moisturizer that extra oomph. I squeeze 2-3 drops into my palm and pat it (don't rub) on to my face, (I use the excess on my neck) let it absorb for 5 minutes or so then I apply the Korres sleeping facial. It makes your skin so smooth and baby soft. Absolutely cannot live without this stuff!

I've tried so many eye creams over the years and I've never came across one that worked so well it made me want to repurchase until... I came across the Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm. The label on my bottle has rubbed off as you can see. This stuff is amazing! It smells a little weird and the packaging is bland but the most important thing - it actually works! It visibly softens the appearance of lines and its so moisturizing! No joke, you can actually see results with this eye cream. I don't know about its claims for decreasing puffiness and dark circles. To me thats more of a lifestyle thing, if you're not drinking enough water and getting the proper amount of sleep, of course you're going be all puffy and look like you got punched in the face! No eye cream can fix that. You have to take care of yourself!

Finding the perfect skincare regimen takes a little trial and error. Everyone's skin reacts differently to products. That being said, what works for me may not work for you. However, if your skin situation is similar to mine you may want to give these products a try. It may be life changing. I've been using these 3 products for a lengthy period of time so I can truly say they're my holy grail products. I use them religiously every single night and it has done wonders for my skin! If you're going to splurge on anything it should definitely be your skincare. You're going to have your skin forever, don't skimp on it. Treat it well. 

xo, m.

14 comments:

  1. That Tarte oil is one of my favorites!

    With Love, Alyssa | www.alyssa-lenore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. currently looking for a face oil!! might have to try that tarte one! :D

    have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I do! Thank you! Same to you! xx

      Delete
  3. Great faves, love the Tart oil!
    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we have to make those purchase mistakes to really understand how amazing a certain product is. I don't have much Korres experience but I'd love to try the Wild Rose moisturizer!

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Make sure you try the wild rose sleeping facial, I haven't tried the others but I've heard nothing but rave reviews. Hope you love it as much as I do if you end up trying it! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love these products :)
    Very reliable :)
    XO

    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete