Anti-Vday

Friday, February 13, 2015


You may find it odd to discover that some women, this womanis anti Valentines day. I've never celebrated Valentines day because the whole concept makes no sense. Why does Hallmark get to dictate when we should celebrate love? Why is this even a thing? Love should be celebrated everyday. My boyfriend is so lucky I don't care for any of this. I'm calling this my anti-vday makeup look because you would never wear this much lipstick on a date night with your man. Or maybe you would. To each her own! But seriously, can you imagine kissing him with this creamy hot pink lipstick? Ohh, I can just picture the mess. Not cute. Guys tend to like the less is more, minimal, no makeup look - at least thats the case with mine. Even though I'm totally against this Hallmark holiday I'm all for any excuse to play around with my makeup.
To even out my complexion I used Burberry's velvet foundation in shade 206 along with the Nars radiant creamy concealer in custard. Did my brows with the Anastasia dip brow pomade in blonde. For my liner I used Revlons Colorstay liquid liner in black brown.

  
On my lips is Show Orchid by MAC. For the eye look I kept it simple, neutral and matte since the lipstick makes so much of a statement on its own. 

Contour: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Milk Chocolate | Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay in Dollface | Highlight: MAC Superb

  

And because I'm not a selfish person, here's a more wearable look for those of you who are "celebrating" this non holiday. :P

  
    
This sultry smokey look was created with the Naked 3 palette. For the lips I used MAC Snob with Angels Kiss in the center which is limited edition but if you have myth or any pale nude it'll give you the same effect.

The key to achieving this sultry eye look is blending. I used a pencil brush and blended blackheart above my winged liner. As with everything on your face, blend well.

Contour: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Milk Chocolate | Blush: The Balm Frat Boy | Highlight: MAC Superb

 

And there you have it. These are both super simple, easy achievable looks. Which would you wear?

xo, m. 

16 comments:

  1. Loving these looks... Even though they are anti- valentines
    Great job keep up the good work <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all of them! perfect looks!

    http://www.shopstyle.com/action/loadRetailerProductPage?id=456734452&pid=uid9444-26670538-10

    ReplyDelete
  3. You makeup is awesome!! Oh my gosh, please do mine!! Haha! And you're so gorgeous. So happy I stumbled across your blog today! I'm following along on Twitter now!!

    xo,
    Amber
    All the Cute
    Today’s Post: Pretty Polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Amber! That means a lot! :D xo

      Delete
  4. I love every product in this post! So gorgeous! :)

    http://ontherye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Great hair

    www.tusksandtails.com

    ReplyDelete