Purple Crush

Sunday, January 18, 2015


I thought I'd mix things up a bit with a beauty post. I'm so sorry for the radio silence on my channel. Thank you guys so much for sticking with me and being so patient! You guys are awesome! I haven't picked up an external hard drive yet; until I do so I figured I'd post some looks here!

I haven't used the Naked 2 palette in so long I thought I'd bust it out, dust it off and put together a look with it. Pretty sure there's already some variation of this on my channel using a different palette and lip color but I can't help it! I love anything in the gold, champagne, copper family. Plus it's neutral enough to pair with any lip color. As you can see I went with a very bold purple lip. This is the Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense lipstick in #15 pearly violet. I don't wear this lipstick enough. It's such a gorgeous iridescent purple. This is definitely not a day time look or for the faint-hearted. [Well, it can be depending on what industry you're in.] It's such a fun color to rock for a night out with the girls. Below is the breakdown for the eyeshadows I used for this look. I used the same shades on my lower lash line as I did for the top portion [chopper on the inner lower half, and busted on the outer half.]

  
You guys.. I just tweeted about this earlier but I still can't believe I've been using NARS Deep Throat for over year thinking it was Orgasm! Seriously, WHAT IS LIFE?! I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now. It's the equivalent of realizing/ someone telling you that Santa isn't real. I was double checking the names of the shades I used since it's not listed anywhere on the palette. I threw out the packaging ages ago. I know I know, I need to build a bridge and get over it. Moving on-- I contoured with my Real Techniques contour brush instead of the Ita and I must say, I really like the way it turned out! I still love my Ita though, it gives a very sharp sculpted contour when I'm going for that look. 

  

Everything else:
Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation - nude
NARS Radiant Creamy concealer - custard
MAC Pro Longwear concealer - NW25
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Anastasia Dip Brow - blonde
Anastasia Brow Wiz - taupe
Lashes - no clue, they were gifted

What do you guys think? Love it? Hate it? Should I leave the beauty stuff on my channel? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

xo, m. 

BLOGLOVIN . INSTAGRAM . TWITTER . YOUTUBE

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE!!! That lip colors is freaking gorgeous definitely perfect for a night out. Girl I love using neutral colors for the eyes and a bold lip I think I need to experiment more lol. That nars palette is awesome I need one of those in my life😫 I miss your videos!!!! But I definitely loved this post love! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thx so much love!! :) Hahah thats the best and safest combo for a bold lip! I always do that too! <3 Girl! They came out with a similar one over the holidays! It's the Virtual Domination cheek palette! So much prettier than the one I have!! But its missing the highlight shade but laguna is huge! Definitely worth the splurge! One of their blushes alone is $30!! >.< Aww thanks babe! My next one will be a huuuuuge empties video to make up for my absence :( thank u, thank u love! XO

      Delete
  2. Love love love this look, girl! The neutral colors and bold lip go really well together. And you should definitely do more beauty posts, I enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love! I definitely will :) xo

      Delete
  3. Really digging the bold color lippie! :) Love it!

    http://ontherye.com/

    ReplyDelete