Earthtones

Sunday, December 21, 2014


This coat is such a little chameleon! It looks like it's light taupe/ brown pictured above but under certain lighting it's green. It's not the most flattering silhouette but I like that it's not fitted like the other coats I have. It's gives it a more casual feel plus it's so much more comfortable. I paired it with a simple blouse and these grey jeans that I LIVE in because they're so comfortable. Theme of the day here: comfort. It was absolutely freezing that day actually everyday, it's December in NYC. I seriously don't know how bloggers take photos outdoors without their coat on. The most I can do is unzip my coat. Maybe I need to build my tolerance for the elements. 
It's been forever since I've seen my friends. I'm so glad we were able to squeeze in a coffee date before the year was over. Grace Street is my new favorite spot. It's such a cute spacious cafe. I'm extremely picky when it comes to cafes, I need my space. I can't stand it when I feel like people are on top of me or when the tables are so close the person next to you can hear your entire conversation. I have the same criteria for restaurants. I just get really claustrophobic and it gives me anxiety. I had ho-Dduk for the very first time - they're korean donuts with cinnamon, brown sugar and walnuts inside WITH ice cream! [optional] Where have I been?! Clearly under a rock. They were amazing with my green tea latte which I let sit for way too long. My latte art ended up shriveling to what you see above. It was so pretty I almost didn't want to drink it. 
Shockingly, I also have a holiday party makeup look and OOTN up on my channel! I've had major space issues on my laptop ever since I started blogging in addition to YouTube. My dinosaur macbook just can't handle all the files I keep loading on to it. That's the reason for my absence on YouTube lately. Everytime I edit a video I have to delete a ton of stuff in order to process it. I'm trying to make it work with what I have. I don't need a new laptop because it works perfectly fine, its just the lack of space! I'm in desperate need of an external drive. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 


I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season so far! Still can't believe Christmas is only days away! 

xo, m.

Photos of me by Jo Ray

Bickley + Mitchell scarf // Burberry coat + jeans // Zara top // Moschino gloves // Diesel boots // Alexander Wang Lia bag

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that jacket looks soooo comfy. Funny how the color changes, I have some things that do that too. The latte look so good, I've never had green tea latte before, I will have to check it out. Grace street sounds so nice, I bet it's just a cozy little spot with so much love around it!!! Merry Christmas to you and your love ones if I don't speak to you by then :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sandy! Merry Christmas to you and yours too! :) Green tea lattes are amazing! You have to try it! Grace Street is such little gem and they have the best desserts ever! xo

      Delete
  2. These photos are absolutely gorgeous girl! Love this post so much! I totally agree about the space issue with all these huge files we upload. I got a new laptop and still had to get an external hard drive, even that is filling up! I say get the biggest you can, it's worth the money not to have to play the "am I gonna regret deleting this file?" game every time you want to edit! I must be livin right under that rock with you because I have never heard of these korean doughnuts! But now I must try them :) They sound delicious! I hope you have a fabulous holiday! Merry Christmas love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love!! You're the sweetest!! :) I'm so glad someone understands my pain!! Thank you for the suggestion! I was literally just looking at a few of them. :D Yesss girl, you must! They're amazing!! Same to you love! <3 Merry Christmas!! xo

      Delete
  3. I Love CatChing up with friends and glad you got the chance as well. The winter holidays makes me appreciate my friends a lot more, perhaps the cold makes it a tad lonely but with the festive lightings and decors.. i just love spending time with Family and friends. Love the coat and ensemble. Also, the photos came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thats why you're always booked and busy every weekend :) Thank youuu!! <3

      Delete