The Great Quest

Saturday, November 29, 2014

  
   

A camel coat is one of those staple pieces everyone should own. I've always been a huge fan of this neutral hue because it looks great with just about everything. There are many things to consider on the quest of finding the perfect camel coat. Camel coats range from light to dark; firstly you have to determine the shade that will best suit your complexion. Then comes the fit, there are so many different types of silhouettes to choose from. I love the look of a relaxed oversized coat; when worn correctly it can look so chic and effortless. As much as I'm a fan, I have to be realistic in my pursuit because I'm only 5' 1.5" [fun-sized] I would never be able to pull it off unless I wear heels. You never want your coat to look like it's wearing you. I found a gorgeous tailored camel peacoat with a shearling collar from Burberry last year but ended up returning it because I wanted more of a coat. Plus the pleats in the back really accentuated my derriere which is so not ideal. As beautiful as it was, it had to go back. My search continues... Hopefully I'll have better luck this year.

xo, m.

source: zara, pinterest, tumblr, fashionsquad

BLOGLOVIN . INSTAGRAM . TWITTER . YOUTUBE

2 comments:

  1. i would love me a camel color coat too.. I have the (_)_) problem too. So its a quest to find that coat
    Best of luck and show us when u do find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I loving the visual!! Shouldn't be too hard for you because at least you have the height to balance that out! Definitely will :)

      Delete