Birthday Reflections

Thursday, October 16, 2014

For as long as I can remember, I've never been the type to make a big deal out of my birthday. As long as I get to spend it with the people that I love, I'm happy. It's the one time out of the year where I don't have to make any important decisions (except outfit choices) or fuss over details. Everything is planned out for me and I get to relax and enjoy the day. I appreciate all of the planning (from my boyfriend and friends) that went into making my day/ week special. I truly feel so loved. 

On the day of my birthday September 25th, Mother Nature decided to poo all over my parade. I didn't get to put on my ensemble of choice because it would've been ruined as soon as I stepped outside. Instead I opted for black leather leggings, a top that was just long enough to cover my bum, a black cropped jacket with 3/4 leather sleeves, black Frye boots and my AW Lia sling. Yes, all black everything. The weather was horrible that night so we didn't take any pictures. My boyfriend and I had a fab dinner celebration at this charming Argentinian restaurant on West Broadway. A few days ago, my friends Joanna, Saudia and I went to the cutest little place on St. Marks followed by dessert at Veniero's on the Lower East Side.
A low-key night with my favorite girls. 

The indoor lighting isn't doing this dress justice, in person it is so sparkly and magical.

A little something like this but MORE sparkly.



How adorable are these candles!

This is the fanciest card I've ever received! Just look at that unicorn emblem! 
Funny story- it took the three of us five minutes to decipher the message of this card. Inside it read "...And only a good friend like you can tell me when mine have 'expired'." It was hilarious. I really wish someone was there to record it all. Now, it makes total sense. TRUST ME, this is one of those cards where you have to read it a second, maybe even a third or in our case countless times to get the message!

And of course, no birthday celebration is complete without a fluorescent pink birthday crown! 


As each birthday passes, I can't help but feel a little nostalgic. It's so important to have good, genuine people in your life who truly love and understand you as a person. I feel so blessed to have such amazing people in my life.

I have a feeling this is going to be an incredible year.

xo, m.


BB Dakota dress // Wolford tights // Cole Haan booties // Goorin Bros. fedora // Burberry trench // Burberry watch // Chanel bag

2 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for sharing this with us... seriously wishing you the absolute best this year! You looked freaking gorgeous the dress is beautifulll love the way you styled it! Oh and I had to read the card 3x to get it lmao! (don't judge me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much beautiful! <3 Oh, I just realized I forgot to mention the message inside! Thanks for the reminder! :D I have to edit now.. Inside it read "...And only a good friend like you can tell me when mine have 'expired'." I was like wait, what? What expired? LMAO I was like.. I'm going to need you guys to explain this to me. >.<

      Delete